Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation
Through its Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, as well as EnergyShare and other programs, Dominion Energy contributed $48 million in 2019 to community causes throughout its footprint and beyond. The Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation award grants in four focus areas:
- Human needs grants that support increased food security, housing and shelter, and access to basic medical and health care.
- Environmental stewardship grants to protect natural resources and help non-profit organizations make efficient use of energy.
- Education grants to develop the capacity of the future workforce, especially in STEM and energy fields.
- Community vitality grants to foster an appreciation of diversity, revitalize neighborhoods and ensure a vibrant community life through support of cultural endeavors.
Winter 2018-2019 Critical Needs Grants
United Way of Harrison County, WV, to provide housing to homeless veterans and to deliver healthy meals to seniors.
Case Elementary School, Cleveland, to provide fresh fruit and other nutritious foods and health screenings.
Foodbank of Southeast Virginia, Norfolk, for its Healthy Mobile Pantry that delivers healthy meals to food-insecure households.
USO of South Carolina, West Columbia, for its Holidays for Heroes campaign supporting military personnel who cannot be home during the holidays.
People want to know different things when they think of Dominion Energy. This report addresses those topics and matters deemed to have a material impact, as defined by the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) sustainability reporting standards, using a strategy of nearly continuous stakeholder engagement. This report's content includes:
- Clean Energy
- Serving Customers & Communities
- Employee Experience