Outage Safety & Preparation
Having a game plan can make dealing with outages easier.
- Make a habit of keeping mobile phones and other portable devices charged.
- Keep matches, candles, flashlights and batteries nearby.
- Bookmark our website on your mobile devices to easily report outages.
- Keep extra water and non-perishable foods on hand.
Before a Storm
- Check websites like Ready.gov to be prepared for various events.
- Consider surge protectors for sensitive electronics.
- If you have a portable generator, make sure it's fueled and know how to connect and use it safely.
- During the winter, be ready with snow removal equipment, rock salt to melt ice, and sand to improve traction.
- If severe weather is expected, turn off major appliances like heat pumps and water heaters. Unplug sensitive electronics that aren't surge protected.
Make an Emergency Supply Kit