Grants Supporting Critical Community Needs
Winter 2019-2020 Critical Needs Grants Program
Dominion Energy awarded $1.6 million in grants through its philanthropic arm, the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, to 224 nonprofit organizations that are working to meet critical community needs. Download the entire list of Winter 2019-2020 Critical Needs grant recipients. These grants support the most basic needs of food, shelter and medical care and the 224 recipients include:
- Cleveland Hearing and Speech Center to offer support services, including access to health care, shelter and food to clients who are deaf.
- Community Kitchen of Bennettsville, SC, to serve nutritious lunches, 52 weeks a year, every Monday through Friday, to those less fortunate in the community.
- Community Nursing Services, Salt Lake City, UT, to vaccinate uninsured or underinsured Utahans.
- Food for Thought, Kitty Hawk, NC, to distribute healthy meals for Dare County students.
- Homeless No More, Columbia, SC, for wraparound services for children living at their Family Emergency Shelter and St. Lawrence Place’s transitional housing program.
- Neighborhood Health, to offer dental care to uninsured Alexandria City Public School students through the “WOW Bus,” a mobile dental unit that visits the schools for onsite exams and care.
- Rx Drug Access Partnership, Richmond, to provide essential medication to uninsured Virginians living at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Thames Valley Council for Community Action to ensure New London County, CT, seniors receive nutritious meals served daily at local senior centers or delivered to seniors who are homebound.
The program considers requests from eligible nonprofits that have a proven record of meeting basic human needs and preventing future need by providing programs with significant and measurable outcomes. The projects should support one or more of the following:
- Housing and shelter
- Access to medicine and medical services (including mental health services)
- Increased food security
The application cycle is currently closed.