Millstone Power Station
Each day Millstone Power Station provides abundant low-cost, low-carbon power to New England. The station produces enough electricity to power 2 million homes. The operation of the Millstone Power Station produces over 1.5 billion dollars in annual economic benefits to our state, supports more than 3,900 jobs, and generates the equivalent of over half the electricity consumed in Connecticut.
Millstone's Benefit to Connecticut
Clean Energy, Around-the-Clock Power
to meet the power needs of 2 MILLION HOMES.
Stable Rates, Lower Prices
Working together to provide stable electricity prices and rates for Connecticut consumers.
This is Our Home
We are investing in the future of our communities.
About the Environment
A continuous monitoring program shows virtually no environmental impact from operation of the station
- Read Millstone's safety and emergency preparedness guide (pdf) | (Spanish version) (pdf)
- Visit the Connecticut emergency site
- Read our Media Manual (pdf) for general information on the station, nuclear power, radiation, plant components and systems, emergency procedures, security and much more
- Review our educational programs
- If you have questions about Millstone or nuclear energy, call 1-860-444-5797
Dominion Energy's Clean Energy Fleet in Connecticut
We Are Millstone
"Millstone's commitment to Environmental Stewardship ensures that we are protecting our natural resources while continually seeking ways to improve the station's environmental performance. I have been provided many opportunities for learning and growth and am excited to participate in the future of Millstone Power Station. In the Environmental Lab, we truly are a team - sharing knowledge and skills as we safely work together to monitor the marine biological communities surrounding the plant."
Biologist, Millstone Power Station