We offer a variety of outdoor lighting fixture styles, LED options, and dusk-to-dawn operation.
LED lighting rates are currently available for all North Carolina and Virginia customers.
LED is one of today's most energy efficient and rapidly developing lighting technologies. We offer LED styles perfect for residential and commercial outdoor lighting, as well as lighting for public streets.
Dominion Energy continues to offer new installation of sodium vapor lights. However, due to declining availability from suppliers, additional sodium vapor fixtures for lighting expansions or replacement (upon failure) may not be possible or cost effective.
- Lighting Technologies and Lumen Output
- CCT in KELVIN (color temperature)
- General lighting patterns
- MV/HPS/MH to LED Conversion Charts
- E-room containing additional reference materials, including IES files, Iso plots, and Specification Sheets
- Dominion Energy Fairfax Office LED Demonstration Area: View or print an online brochure for our LED demo site
- For additional information on Outdoor Lighting and LED, please visit the US Government Department of Energy website (Search for "Outdoor Lighting Resources") and the Illuminating Engineering Society website. The DoE's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy advocates for continuous improvements in lighting technologies. The IES is recognized as the technical and educational authority on illumination.
- Initial installation charge varies based on size, style and location of lighting
- One monthly charge per fixture, including energy and maintenance
- VEPGA customers - see Schedule SSL and Schedule D in current VEPGA Agreement for LED.
- Commonwealth of Virginia (state entities only) - see Schedule SSL and Schedule D in current Commonwealth of Virginia Agreement for LED.
- All North Carolina electric customers
- Virginia electric customers in the following applications:
- Single-family homes
- Civic, worship and multifamily locations (on existing poles or new poles after one year of service)
- Businesses (on existing poles only)
- State and local government
Note: Please check with your local government for lighting restrictions before finalizing plans.