Short-Term Payment Extensions
A Payment Extension provides more time to pay your bill. Participation depends on the status of your account (see if you’re eligible).
- If you are unable to pay by the extended payment due date, please sign in to Manage Account to review other Payment Plan options.
- Extensions can be made while on Bank Draft. You will need to contact us by phone.
- There are no fees associated with a short-term extension.
- Budget Bill customers may be eligible to set up additional payment arrangements.
Long-Term Payment Plans
A Payment Plan is an agreement to pay your current bill and a set amount towards a past due balance, each month. It divides the past due balance into equal payments. Sign in to see if you're eligible for a long-term payment plan.
- Long-term payment plans are available for residential accounts only.
- Payment Plans can be established while you are participating with Bank Draft.
- While there are no fees associated with a Payment Plan, the monthly bill will reflect the standard late payment charge on the remaining balance.
- A down payment may be required on the account balance start a payment plan. Payments must be received by Dominion Energy before 5 p.m. on the specified due date.
- If you pay more than the billed amount each month, the over payment will be deducted from the next month's installment amount.
- Paying less than the amount due will cancel the Payment Plan.
- If the Payment Plan amount is not paid on time, the plan will break, and you may not be eligible for another Plan of this type for 12 months.
- There are no fees associated with a Long-term extension
- Budget Bill customers may be eligible to set up additional payment arrangements