EnergyShare® helps those who need it most.
For qualified customers facing financial hardship, the program includes bill pay assistance and free weatherization and energy-saving upgrades. The program has expanded in funding and resources, broadening participation to people with disabilities and military veterans facing financial challenges.
Dominion Energy provides an annual report on the program each year. Read the latest report.
Families and individuals helped with bill assistance
Families and individuals helped since 1982
Homes weatherized since program expansion
Bill Payment Assistance
Applies to any heating/cooling source: oil, gas, kerosene, wood, and electricity within Dominion Energy Virginia's service territory.
To help save on energy costs, qualifying customers receive a free energy assessment and free energy-saving measures like:
- EnergyStar® qualified LED light bulbs
- Efficient showerhead(s) and faucet aerators
- Wrap insulation for hot water pipes
- Attic insulation and air/duct sealing
- Furnace fan motor
- Heat pump and A/C tune-up
For more information, call 1-888-366-8280.
Payments and Funding
Dominion Energy and social service agencies pay for the program's administrative expenses. This means every cent donated goes to benefit those in need.
Funds come from tax-deductible donations from customers, stockholders, employees, EnergyShare Partners and Dominion Energy. Funds are distributed through a network of nonprofit health and human service agencies.
How to Apply
Call 2-1-1 or visit 211virginia.org for a referral to your local EnergyShare agency or view a list of local EnergyShare agencies.Trained professionals can provide referrals to resources for basic human needs, child care, elder care, housing assistance and more. Help is available 24/7.
How to Contribute
- Simply add $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $25, or $35 to the amount due on your bill.
- Overpayments in these exact amounts are automatically recognized as a contribution and will be documented on your next bill.
- Or, mail a check for any amount (made payable to "EnergyShare") to EnergyShare, P O Box 91717, Richmond, VA 23291-9717.
Be an EnergyShare Partner by distributing information to customers and employees, and providing other support.