Carbon Monoxide - The Invisible Danger
Natural gas appliances are typically very safe to use. But a malfunctioning appliance can create carbon monoxide gas, which can be deadly.
Carbon monoxide is produced when natural gas, propane or other fossil fuels fail to burn completely. Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a colorless, odorless gas.
An awareness of what produces carbon monoxide can help protect you and your family. Be sure your natural gas appliances are inspected regularly by a licensed contractor to ensure that they are functioning properly, and repair any malfunctioning appliances immediately.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include dizziness, headaches, queasy stomach and drowsiness. Continued exposure can cause death.