Solar Purchase Program
About the Program
The Solar Purchase Program is a pilot program designed to help eligible Virginia customers cover the cost of adding solar generation to their property. Participants in this program will install and own the solar generation system but sell the electricity and solar Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) back to Dominion Energy at a premium rate of 15 cents per kilowatt-hour.
How It Works
The Solar Purchase Program is available to eligible customers for an initial five-year period. As a pilot, the program is currently limited to 3-megawatts total. Interested customers can reserve their spot in the program using our online reservation form. Reservations will be accepted through June 30, 2018. We will enroll eligible customers on a first-come, first-served basis.
Participating customers install and own the solar generation system located on their property, but sell the electricity and solar Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) back to us at a premium rate of 15 cents per kilowatt-hour. Participating customers purchase all of the electricity for their home or business from the company on their current rate schedule.
The Dominion Energy Green Power® program directly supports these solar projects through the purchase and retirement of the Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) produced through the Solar Purchase Program.
Steps to Participate
- Fill out the online reservation form to hold your spot in the program. Reservations will be accepted through June 30, 2018.
- If there is available space in the program and you qualify, we will send you an application package which includes a Virginia Level 1 Interconnection Request Form, a Dominion Energy Solar Purchase Program Service Agreement and an IRS W9 form.
- Complete and return the forms within 60 days along with the non-refundable $100 processing fee.
Note: Failing to return your forms within 60 days may result in losing your reserved space in the program.
- A work request number will be created, and a Dominion Energy representative will be assigned to assist you with completing the installation of a second meter and any additional work required to interconnect your system.
- You have up to six months to complete the system installation once you submit your completed paperwork and are accepted into the program.