Dominion Energy Green Power for Large Federal Accounts
A Smart Choice to Meet Your Renewable Energy Goals
"Dominion Energy Green Power SM VEPGA, COV, and Large Federal program is a Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) product and does not contain electricity, which may be billed separately. A REC represents the environmental benefits of 1 megawatt hour (MWh) of renewable energy that can be paired with electricity."
Dominion Energy Green Power option is available for large Federal Accounts (Rider G-MS) over 1,500 kW. If you do not meet this requirement, here's information on how you can participate.
Participating in this program will enable eligible large Federal Accounts to:
- Help meet environmental goals including LEED certification and Executive Order 13423.
- Purchase RECs on your existing electricity bill.
- Support renewable energy and communicate the associated environmental benefits to the public.
- Easily purchase RECs without the hassle of additional contracts, minimum purchase thresholds, or cancellation fees.
With Dominion Energy Green Power, large Federal customers have two options to enroll:
- 100% Option: Purchase RECs equivalent to 100% of your monthly electricity use; or
- Block Option: Purchase blocks of RECs in fixed monthly $2 increments.
Dominion Energy Green Power is a low-risk, affordable option for meeting your renewable energy goals.
All RECs purchased through the program are Green-e Energy® certified. Green-e Energy is a third-party nonprofit organization which ensures product quality and customer protection. For more information on Green-e Energy visit www.green-e.org.
Participation in requires no contracts or changes to your facilities. You can cancel or change your participation level at any time without penalty. The charge on an enrolled account will appear as a separate line item on the monthly electric bill (Rider G-MS).
To enroll, contact your Key Account Manager, the Dominion Energy Business Service Center at 888-BSC-8085 or email email@example.com.
REC Disclosure Information
Your purchase of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) supports renewable electricity production in the region of generation. For every unit of renewable electricity generated, an equivalent amount of RECs is produced, and by purchasing and pairing RECs with your electricity service you are using and receiving the benefits of that renewable electricity. You will continue to receive a separate electricity bill from your utility for electricity service. Your REC purchase also helps build a market for renewable electricity.
Increased demand for and generation of renewable electricity helps reduce conventional electricity generation in the region where the renewable electricity generator is located. It also has other local and global environmental benefits which may include emitting little or no regional air pollution or carbon dioxide.
The RECs in Dominion Energy Green Power are verified and certified by Green-e Energy, and we are required to disclose the quantity, type and geographic source of each certificate. See the Product Content Label for this information. Green-e Energy also verifies that the renewable certificates are not sold more than once or claimed by more than one party. For information on Green-e Energy please visit its website, www.green-e.org.
- Enroll Now
- Dominion Energy Green Power For My Home
- Dominion Energy Green Power For My Business
- Dominion Energy Green Power For Commonwealth of Virginia Accounts
- Dominion Energy Green Power For Counties and Municipalities
- To view highlights of the conditions of a program subscription, see the Price, Terms and Conditions (Non-Jurisdictional Only)
- For a complete list of the resources included in Dominion Energy Green Power, view the Prospective Product Content Label
- To see what customers received last year, view the Historic Product Content Label