Dominion Energy Green Power for Commonwealth of Virginia Accounts
A Smart Choice to Meet Your Renewable Energy Goals
"Dominion Energy Green Power VEPGA, COV, and Large Federal program is a Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) product and does not contain electricity, which may be billed separately. A REC represents the environmental benefits of 1 megawatt hour (MWh) of renewable energy that can be paired with electricity.
Dominion Energy Green Power VEPGA, COV, and Large Federal program is available to Commonwealth of Virginia (COV) accounts. The following COV rate schedules are eligible to enroll:
Participating in this program will enable your COV account to:
- Help meet environmental goals including LEED certification.
- Easily purchase RECs on your existing electricity bill without the hassle of additional contracts, minimum purchase thresholds, or cancellation fees,
- Support renewable energy and communicate the associated environmental benefits to the public.
Commonwealth of Virginia accounts have two options to participate:
- 100% Option: Purchase RECs equivalent to 100% of your monthly electricity use; or
- Block Option: Purchase blocks of RECs in fixed monthly $2 increments.
Dominion Energy Green Power VEPGA, COV, and Large Federal program is an easy, affordable option for meeting your agency’s goals. All RECs purchased through the program are Green-e Energy® certified. Green-e Energy is a third-party nonprofit organization which ensures product quality and customer protection. For more information on Green-e Energy visit www.green-e.org.
Participation requires no contracts or changes to your facilities. You can cancel or change your level of participation at any time without penalty. The charge on an enrolled account will appear as a separate line item on your monthly electric bill (Rider G-COV).
To enroll, contact your Key Account Manager or the Dominion Energy Business Service Center at 888-BSC-8085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REC Disclosure Information
Your purchase of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) supports renewable electricity production in the region of generation. For every unit of renewable electricity generated, an equivalent amount of RECs is produced, and by purchasing and pairing RECs with your electricity service you are using and receiving the benefits of that renewable electricity. You will continue to receive a separate electricity bill from your utility for electricity service. Your REC purchase also helps build a market for renewable electricity.
Increased demand for and generation of renewable electricity helps reduce conventional electricity generation in the region where the renewable electricity generator is located. It also has other local and global environmental benefits which may include emitting little or no regional air pollution or carbon dioxide.
The RECs in Dominion Energy Green Power VEPGA, COV, and Large Federal program are verified and certified by Green-e Energy, and we are required to disclose the quantity, type and geographic source of each certificate. See the Product Content Label for this information. Green-e Energy also verifies that the renewable certificates are not sold more than once or claimed by more than one party. For information on Green-e Energy please visit its website, www.green-e.org.
- Enroll Now
- Dominion Energy Green Power For My Home
- Dominion Energy Green Power For My Business
- Dominion Energy Green Power For Counties and Municipalities
- Dominion Energy Green Power For Large Federal Accounts
- To view highlights of the conditions of a program subscription, see the Price, Terms and Conditions (Non-Jurisdictional Only).
- For a complete list of the resources included in Dominion Energy Green Power VEPGA, COV, and Large Federal program, view the Prospective Product Content Label.
- To see what customers received last year, view the Historic Product Content Label.
Dominion Energy Green Power VEPGA, COV, and Large Federal program is Green-e Energy certified, and meets the environmental and consumer-protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at www.green-e.org.