Community Impact Awards
All Applications must be made online!
Your community or organization could share in $110,000 awarded by Dominion Energy Ohio for economic and social revitalization projects.
Each year Dominion Energy, through the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, awards $110,000 in grants to nonprofits making an impact in our community. In celebration of our 25th anniversary, the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation will provide one (1) nonprofit organization with a check for $25,000. Additional Community Impact Award recipients, will receive support of up to $10,000. The Community Impact Awards competition, co-sponsored this year with Cleveland Magazine, has awarded more than $1.7 million since 1996 to organizations in our service area.
Eligibility & Guidelines
- Projects must have been completed between July 2018 and November 2019.
- Projects must have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization in our communities.
- Projects must be located within the Dominion Energy Ohio service area:
- Allen, Ashland, Ashtabula, Auglaize, Belmont, Carroll, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Guernsey, Hardin, Holmes, Knox, Lake, Mahoning, Medina, Mercer, Monroe, Muskingum, Noble, Paulding, Portage, Putman, Shelby, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Van Wert, Washington, Wayne and Wood.
- Applicants must be registered as 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
Community Impact Awards Timeline
- September 3rd - Begin Accepting Applications
- November 29th - Entry Deadline
- January - Judging
- February - All applicants to be notified about the status of their entry by email
- March - Awards Luncheon
To be eligible to receive a Dominion Energy Community Impact Award, organizations MUST provide:
- Name of your organization, a contact name and title, telephone number, email address and complete mailing address.
- A brief description/history of your community or organization.
- Description of the project and qualitative and quantitative results demonstrating how it promoted economic and/or social revitalization, including objectives, benefits, impact, and community interest/involvement.
- Details regarding the extent to which the project generated positive change and growth within its targeted area.
- The number of people impacted/served by this project.
- Details of how this project encourages and promotes future development and revitalization.
- Information about the project’s impact on the community, i.e., the effect the project had in terms of jobs, spending, taxes, etc.
ArtsinStark - Canton Music Block
Executed a revitalizing communities program that provides influential live music throughout the Canton neighborhood
The Children’s Museum of Cleveland - Museum for All
Moved and renovated a facility to establish a more robust visitors experience for the Cleveland community and beyond
Towards Employment - Bloom Bakery
Established a social venture program where individuals reentering society learn and execute an artisan bakery and cafe at two Cleveland area locations
For questions about the application process, please contact DominionFoundation@DominionEnergy.com.