Community Impact Awards
Your community or organization could share in $110,000 awarded by Dominion Energy Ohio for economic and social revitalization projects.
Each year Dominion Energy, through the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, awards $110,000 in grants to nonprofits making an impact in our community. The Community Impact Awards competition, co-sponsored with Cleveland Magazine, has awarded more than $1.8 million since 1996 to organizations in our service area. To learn more about our 25th anniversary recipients announced in the March 2020 issue of Cleveland Magazine, click here: https://digitaleditions.glpublishing.com/dominion2020/
Eligibility & Guidelines
- Projects must have been completed between July 2019 and November 2020.
- Projects must have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization in our communities.
- Projects must have made a major contribution to support diversity, inclusion, and equity in our communities.
- Projects must be located within the Dominion Energy Ohio service area:
- Allen, Ashland, Ashtabula, Auglaize, Belmont, Carroll, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Guernsey, Hardin, Holmes, Knox, Lake, Mahoning, Medina, Mercer, Monroe, Muskingum, Noble, Paulding, Portage, Putman, Shelby, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Van Wert, Washington, Wayne and Wood.
- Applicants must be registered as 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
Community Impact Awards Timeline
- September 1st - Begin Accepting Applications
- November 30th - Entry Deadline
- January - Judging
- February - All applicants to be notified about the status of their entry by email
- March - Awards Luncheon
To be eligible to receive a Dominion Energy Community Impact Award, organizations MUST provide:
- Name of your organization, a contact name and title, telephone number, email address and complete mailing address.
- A brief description/history of your community or organization.
- Description of the project and qualitative and quantitative results demonstrating how it promoted economic and/or social revitalization, including objectives, benefits, impact, and community interest/involvement.
- Details regarding the extent to which the project generated positive change and growth within its targeted area.
- The number of people impacted/served by this project.
- Details of how this project encourages and promotes future development and revitalization.
- Information about the project’s impact on the community, i.e., the effect the project had in terms of jobs, spending, taxes, etc.
- How this initiative has supported diversity, inclusion, and equity in your community.
Birthing Beautiful Communities
Birthing Beautiful Communities (BBC) is a village of birth workers and doulas who provide social support to pregnant African-American and/or Black women at highest risk for infant mortality during the perinatal period across Cuyahoga County.
Akron Parks Collaborative
Akron Parks Collaborative (APC) established the Akron Parks Challenge and as a result five parks have undergone major improvements through community led design, Friends of Parks stewardship, committed City funds, private funds and numerous residents throughout the City.
Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society (LAS) works with tenants by providing full legal representation in eviction cases making it more likely for participants to stay in their homes and save on rent and/or fees.
For questions about the application process, please contact DominionFoundation@DominionEnergy.com.