Dominion Energy Green Power for My Home
It's easy to match your home’s electricity use with renewable energy when you sign up for Dominion Energy Green Power.
When you enroll in Dominion Energy Green Power you not only get the guarantee that renewable energy was generated and delivered to the regional power pool on your behalf, you can also claim the environmental benefits associated with renewable energy production.
Your monthly investment goes towards the purchase of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) from wind, solar, and biomass facilities in Virginia and the surrounding region.
The purchase of RECs helps to support future growth and production of new clean energy technologies.
With Dominion Energy Green Power, you have two options to participate:
- 100% Option: This option allows you to purchase RECs to match your monthly electricity use. This cost is calculated by adding an additional 1.3 cents ($0.013) per kilowatt-hour (kWh) of electricity used to your monthly bill amount.
- Block Option: This option allows you to purchase RECs in any $2 fixed increment - as much as you wish. Each block guarantees that 154 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable energy is delivered to our power pool.
With either option, the monthly charge for Dominion Energy Green Power is in addition to your monthly electric bill. This extra charge will appear on your bill as "Green Power (Rider G).” Here's an example of what it looks like on your bill.
You may cancel or change your participation level at any time without penalty and participation in Dominion Energy Green Power requires no changes to your facilities.
When you purchase RECs through the Dominion Energy Green Power program, you can claim specific environmental benefits associated with the renewable energy you support.
For example, the renewable energy purchased by a typical customer using 1,000 kilowatt-hours per month and enrolled in the 100% option for one year will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 6 metric tons - the same greenhouse gas reduction provided by planting 142 trees!*
Alternatively, the renewable energy purchased for $10 per month with the Block Option is equivalent to removing 1 car from the road for a year.
*US EPA Green Power Equivalency Calculator. Green-e Energy does not certify or verify carbon emissions claims or methodologies for calculating emissions related to biomass.
- Dominion Energy Green Power For My Business
- Dominion Energy Green Power For Governmental Customers
- To view highlights of the conditions of a Dominion Energy Green Power subscription, see the Price, Terms, and Conditions.
- For a complete list of the resources included in Dominion Energy Green Power, view the Historic and Prospective Product Content Label