Plug-in electric vehicles (EVs) are gaining popularity across the country and in Dominion Energy’s Virginia and North Carolina service territories. We are committed to studying and responding to customer interest in EVs. Check out the resources below to learn more about our initiatives and the electric transportation industry.
For Your Home
- Learn the basics of electric vehicles
- Check out our electric vehicle charging guide.
- Compare the cost of driving electric to the current price of gasoline using the energy.gov e-Gallon tool
- Consider a time-of-use rate to take advantage of off-peak pricing for charging your vehicle at night
- Match your home’s electricity use with renewable energy through the Dominion Energy Green Power program
- Register With Us
In 2011, Dominion Energy launched the Electric Vehicle Pricing Plans Pilot Program to study the impacts of electric vehicle charging on the grid. Enrollment in the Pilot closed September 1, 2016. Current participants can remain on the pricing plans until November 30, 2018. Information for current participants is below:
- EV Only - Charge your vehicle off-peak
- EV + Home - Charge all household activities off-peak
- Electric Vehicle Pricing Plan Frequently Asked Questions