Business Customer Highlights
Learn about why Little House Green Grocery chooses Dominion Energy Green Power!
Dominion Energy Green Power for My Business
A Smart Choice for Your Business
Participation in the Dominion Energy Green Power program is low risk; it requires no upfront costs, no contract and no changes to your facilities.
Signing up to support local and regional* renewable energy is a simple and cost-effective way to reduce the impact of your operations, and to communicate your environmental responsibility to your customers.
By signing up for the Dominion Energy Green Power program, your customers will appreciate your commitment to the environment whether you're a Fortune 500 company or a small business.
*View our historic and prospective product content labels to see where the product is generated.
With Dominion Energy Green Power, you have two options to participate:
- 100% Option: This option allows you to purchase RECs to match your monthly electricity use. This cost is calculated by adding an additional 1.3 cents ($0.013) per kilowatt-hour (kWh) of electricity used to your monthly bill amount.
- Block Option: This option allows you to purchase RECs in any $2 fixed increment - as much as you wish. Each block guarantees that 154 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable energy is delivered to our power pool.
Your monthly charge for Green Power is in addition to your monthly electric bill. This extra charge appears on an enrolled customer's monthly electricity bill as "Green Power (Rider G).” Here's an example of what it looks like on your bill.
You may cancel or change your participation level at any time without penalty and participation in Dominion Energy Green Power requires no changes to your facilities.
Meet Your Environmental Goals
Across the country, businesses such as Starbucks, DuPont, Whole Foods, and IBM are purchasing renewable energy certificates to meet environmental and sustainability goals, and to exhibit their commitment to renewable energy to their customers.
Participating in a program like Dominion Energy Green Power is an easy and affordable option for your business to meet your goals and make a difference.
The RECs sold in our program also qualify for LEED credit. Matching a portion of your building's energy use with Dominion Energy Green Power is an easy and cost-effective way to earn points for the U.S. Green Business Council's Energy & Atmosphere Green Power Credit. Contact the USGBC for more information on achieving LEED certification.
Even the smallest business can make a big difference. For example, the renewable energy purchased for an additional $10 a month added to your existing bill is equal to taking a car off the road for a year*.
*According to the U.S. EPA, the average car is driven 11,318 miles per year. For more information see the US EPA Green Power Equivalency Calculator. Green-e Energy does not certify or verify carbon emissions claims or methodologies for calculating emissions related to biomass.
Dominion Energy Green Power offers unique recognition benefits to businesses signing up to support renewable energy. We'll help you communicate that difference to your customers and partners.
These tools help you market your businesses’ purchase of green power, which creates an opportunity for brand enhancement and goodwill marketing. Depending on your level of participation, the recognition benefits could include:
- Large Green Power Business Partner window clings
- Annual customized Certificate of Recognition
- Hosted presentation for employees
- Assistance with EPA Green Power Partner application process
- Framed poster-size promotional piece
- Other customized recognition to meet your business needs
If you are already enrolled and would like to communicate your participation by including a special program icon on your company's webpage, products, or promotional pieces, email us at email@example.com for more information.
Additionally, participating businesses have the opportunity to offer exclusive discounts to other Green Power participants through our NEW Green Power Rewards program. Participating businesses and their exclusive discounts are featured on our website.
- Enroll Now
- Dominion Energy Green Power For My Home
- For a complete list of resources included in Dominion Energy Green Power and to see what customers received last year, view the Product Content Label.
- To view highlights of the conditions of a Dominion Energy Green Power subscription, see the Price, Terms, and Conditions.