Paymentus - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Paymentus?
Paymentus is our new, authorized vendor for one-time electronic check, credit, and debit card payments.
When did the vendor change take place?
Paymentus became available to customers on June 25, 2019.
Will I need to change anything?
- If you previously paid using the “From Your Bank Account” option, you will need to add your checking/savings account to the Wallet managed by Paymentus the first time you make a payment.
- You do NOT need to make any changes if you are enrolled in Automatic Bank Draft.
Will I be impacted if I am enrolled in Automatic Bank Draft and/or Budget Billing?
No, the change to Paymentus will not affect either.
How do I manage scheduled payments made via "From Your Bank Account" free payment option?
- Sign in to your account. From the left menu, select Payment.
- On the Pay My Bill page, you can view the details on any future scheduled payments. You can also cancel a scheduled payment until 11:59 p.m. the day before your scheduled payment date. If needed, you can schedule a new payment for the next day until 11:59 p.m. the day before.”
Does Paymentus offer credit card payment in Spanish?
Yes, English and Spanish are available both online and by phone for credit/debit card payments.
How can I contribute to Energy Share to help those in need?
- For Virginia and North Carolina customers, adding an exact overpayment of $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $25, or $35 to the amount due on your bill will be automatically recognized as a contribution to Energy Share and help those in need with their energy bills. Your following bill will reflect this donation.
- For Ohio customers, adding an exact overpayment of $1, $2, $6, $12, $18, or $36 to the amount due on your bill will be automatically recognized as a contribution to Energy Share and help those in need with their energy bills. Your following bill will reflect this donation.