Request a temporary disconnection before:
- Painting, replacing siding, or making repairs near the service connection
- Trimming near overhead lines
- Moving large equipment that may contact overhead lines
- Replacing or reattaching the meter base
- Working on the panel or fuse box* (other than increasing service size)
Basic info about temporary disconnections (i.e. "Drop Service")
- There is no fee for temporary disconnections.
- We require notification several days before the disconnection is needed. Advance notice is particularly important in the spring, which is a busy season, or if the work is taking place in a metro area.
- Disconnections are dispatched between 8-10 a.m.
- Weather or emergency situations can interfere with scheduled disconnections. If this happens, we’ll call you the morning of your appointment and reschedule.
- Guaranteed appointments are only available on a paid basis and must be scheduled well in advance of the work date.
- Your residence will be without power until service is reconnected.
- When your work is done, call us at 866-366-4357 to reconnect your service.
- Weather and emergencies can affect reconnections, but every effort will be made to get your service back on as soon as possible.
Need a longer period of disconnection?
Some projects may require more assistance than a temporary disconnection. Call us at 866-366-4357 if working on any of the following projects:
- Increasing service size
- Replacing or moving meter base with an increase in service size
- Building an addition
- Demolishing or razing a home
- Moving a mobile home to a lot
* Important Note: If you’re doing panel or fuse box work, contact your municipality to see if an electrical inspection is required before we can reconnect your service. Without documentation of a completed, passed electrical inspection, we can’t reconnect you.