Dominion Energy Virginia holds this document in lieu of a cash security deposit to protect the Company against loss resulting from unpaid service bills by nonresidential customers. The minimum dollar amount for this application is $500.00. It is very important that the information on the Surety Bond is correct and complete. Otherwise, the Company cannot honor it in lieu of a cash security deposit. The Surety Bond remains in effect for two years.
- Surety Bond Form (.pdf)
Add your Dominion Energy account number to the form and mail it to:
Dominion Energy Virginia
600 E. Canal St.
Credit Services 10th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
When submitting the Surety Bond Form:
- Provide the mailing address and phone number of the Surety company.
- Include the Surety Bond number.
- The Surety Bond bears the signature and title of the Dominion Energy account holder (principal) and the signature (with seal) of the Surety Bonding company.
- The original document is required with the signature of the principal and the Surety Bond company seal.
- Attach a Power of Attorney from the Surety Bond company.
- The dollar amount of the Surety Bond is equal to the amount of security deposit requested.
- The name on the Surety Bond must be the same name as it appears on your Dominion Energy account.
- Your business must be registered to do business in the state in which you receive service from us. Accordingly, this business, which we recognizes as its customer, must be the owner or the bona fide lessee of the property that receives the service and must register to do business in the state if it is not.
- The correct Dominion Energy company is named as the beneficiary.