Environmental Education and Stewardship Grants
2019 Environmental Education and Stewardship Grants Program
The Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation will award up to $1.5 million through a competitive Environmental Education and Stewardship grants program. Eligible organizations include nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and public and private K-12 schools in communities served by Dominion Energy companies (see Geographic Eligibility below).
The Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation considers grant requests up to $25,000 that focus on specific, short-term projects that promise measurable results to improve the environment, and K-12 requests up to $5,000.
The projects should support one or more of the following priorities:
- Educating K-12 students and the public about environmental stewardship
- Protecting and preserving natural habitats
- Improving open spaces and making nature accessible
- April 30 - Application period closes at 5 p.m.
- June 10 - Notification to all applicants
- Summer - Public announcements and check presentations