Connecticut Solar Projects
Dominion Energy owns a majority interest in the following project located in Connecticut.
Somers Solar Center
- The facility was officially dedicated on November 22, 2013. View the news release for details.
- Capable of producing approximately 5-megawatts of electricity or enough electricity to supply about 1,500 homes.
- Located on 50 acres in Somers, Connecticut, about 4 miles south of the Massachusetts state line
- The electricity will go to Connecticut Light & Power Co. under a 20-year power purchase agreement.
- The center consists of 23,150 Kyocera solar panels.
- The facility was built by Prime Solutions Inc., and developed by Kyocera Solar, Inc. and CleanPath.