Greensville County Power Station
Located a few miles west of Emporia, the station completed testing and began generating electricity Saturday, December. 8.
Greensville/Brunswick County, VA
Powers 400,000 homes
- Net generating capacity is 1,588-megawatts.
- Fueled by natural gas, it will use the latest generation of highly efficient combined-cycle technology to produce the electricity.
- Cost - $1.3 billion.
- The station will have low-carbon intensity by using clean-burning natural gas and the best available control technology to reduce emissions.
- In its first year of operation, it is expected to provide up to $7 million in property taxes for Greensville County.
- Post-construction economic benefits are projected to amount to about $36 million annually.
- Over its expected 36-year life, the station will save customers about $2.1 billion.
- The station will have a staff of 49 employees.