Loudoun-Ox Partial Rebuild Project
At Dominion Energy, we are dedicated to finding the best solution for long-term energy needs within the communities we serve. It has become necessary to address an aging electric transmission line, which has been in operation for more than five decades, between our Loudoun Substation in Loudoun County and our Ox Substation in Fairfax County. The rebuild will bring facilities up to current reliability and safety standards.
Upcoming Open Houses*
Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Location: South County Middle School
Address: 8700 Laurel Crest Drive, Lorton, VA 22079
Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Location: John Champe High School
Address: 41535 Sacred Mountain St, Aldie, VA 20105
- Requires no new right of way
- Replaces the line to meet current electrical need and safety requirements
- Removal of approximately 8.5 line miles co-located within the right of way - reducing the number of structures in corridor
*Each event will feature various information stations. There will be no formal presentations. However, our subject matter experts will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to drop by at your convenience between 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The portion of line proposed for rebuild is approximately 19 miles in length and runs parallel with other transmission lines within an existing corridor. As a result of this project, we will also remove approximately 8.5 line miles co-located within the right of way – reducing the number of structures in the corridor.
At Dominion Energy, we are committed to keeping our neighbors informed about energy needs where they live and work.
As the project develops, we will:
- Continue outreach by communicating with legislators, homeowners associations and other identified stakeholders
- Host two, local open houses with property owners, homeowners associations and the public
- Provide ongoing communications through informational materials, mailings, email updates and a project website
SCC Approval Process
The Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC) is responsible for verifying the need, determining the route and reviewing the environmental impact of certain transmission lines in Virginia.