Our suggested approach is to rebuild this line in a manner that:
- Upgrades the line the current 115 kV standards.
- Maximizes use of the existing right of way corridor.
- Maintains reliable service to over 2,000 Mecklenberg Electric Cooperative customers served by a substation connected to the line.
- March 2020 Meeting Cancelled. New date and time TBD. View the cancellation postcard.
- February 2020 - Landowners sent invitation to construction informational meeting.
- November 2019 - Soil borings completed at different structure locations along the line.
- October 2019 - Postcard sent to landowners announcing projects.
Construction and access plans listed below,
Virtual Open House
For more information about construction, please visit our Virtual Open House.
Anticipated Project Schedule:
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 - Preliminary planning, wetland delineations, and access reviews.
Spring 2020 - Begin forestry activities, build access roads, and install environmental controls.
April 2021 - May 2021 - Rebuild Phase 1 section from Kinderton to Omega
April 2021 – June 2021 - Rebuild Phase 2 section from Buggs Island to Kinderton
May 2021 – November 2021 - Rebuild Phase 3 section from Plywood to Omega
End of summer 2022 – Complete restoration and rehab activities