Send any comments or concerns to:
Recreation Area Manager
Dominion Energy BCPSS
316 Power Station Road
Warm Springs, VA 24484
Bath County, VA
Dominion Energy Virginia opened the Bath County Power Station Recreational Ponds, near Back Creek, in 1989. There are two ponds (27 and 45 acres). The recreation area is open to the general public April - October and the facilities are open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Dominion Energy and Allegheny Energy jointly own the recreation area, and it is operated by Dominion Energy. The FERC License Number is 2716.
Recreation Area General Information:
- Motor vehicles must remain on roads and parking areas. No off-road or unlicensed vehicles may operate in the recreation area. Posted speed limit is 10 mph.
- Fishing is permitted all year.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all public use areas.
- Trash should be placed in receptacles.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased in the recreation area. Discharging of firearms or fire works is strictly prohibited.
- Bow hunting and archery target practice are strictly prohibited.
- Turn in found personal items to the entry control station. Check with the recreation staff for lost articles.
- Additional information
- Do not feed the geese or ducks - keep the "wild" in wildlife.
- Do not discard or discharge any liquid or material into the ponds, stream or other waters.
- Trashcans are placed at many locations - please use them and help us keep the area clean.
- Do not disturb bird nest boxes or other bird nests.
- Be considerate of the other creatures that enjoy the recreation area!
Emergencies and Security:
- In the event of an emergency use the red telephone at the entry control station. Picking up the receiver will contact the Bath County sheriff's dispatcher.
- Dominion Energy assumes no responsibility for the loss or theft of personal property of recreation area users. Incidents should be reported to the recreation staff.
Dominion Energy reserves the right to revoke camping and daytime use permits. In the event of such revocation, unused fees will be refunded.
For complete information about fishing, facilities, regulations, plus maps, directions and more, visit the Virginia Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) website.