View articles below from recent versions of the Customer Connection newsletter from Dominion Energy.
Ways to Save
Higher bill than you’ve seen in a while? It’s common in the winter, when heating systems run 24/7, and you spend more time at home. Here are some easy low-cost and no-cost ways to save energy and money at home, ultimately keeping that bill in check.
- Lower your thermostat to 68 degrees.
- Weatherstrip doors, windows and attic entryways. Inspect windows and doors for air leaks. Seal all holes from pipes and wires that enter/exit the living space, including entrances, pull-downs and attic stair openings, light fixtures, pipes and wires.
- Change furnace filters every month. This is the number one reason for furnace breakdowns.
- Add insulation to the attic. When adding insulation, start at the top and work down only after eliminating air infiltration.
- Seal duct work. Make sure that all duct work is sealed at joints and intersections with duct sealer or silicone caulk.
Working Toward a Sustainable Future
We want to be the driver of change – not its passenger. We’ve been retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably while delivering energy more reliably than ever before. Cleaner energy sources are at the heart of our strategy for the future. We're committed to lowering carbon emissions and air emissions by delivering more renewable energy such as solar, wind, and natural gas. You deserve to feel good about where your energy comes from, and to know that you’re getting a good deal for your energy dollar.
Sustainability is about meeting needs and fostering growth – now and in the years to come. We demonstrate we care about the communities we serve through charitable giving, energy assistance, volunteer activities and educational programs.
A few things to note:
- We are making strides towards our commitment to reduce carbon intensity by 60 percent and methane intensity by 50 percent by 2030
- Our Energyshare program has impacted more than 820,000 families and individuals since 1982.
- Across the US, Dominion Energy solar is powering 1.3 million homes
- We’ve invested $520 million dollars in upgrades to Virginia’s energy grid, with more planned.
- We are currently operating 30 solar facilities across Virginia and North Carolina, which are generating enough electricity to power 425,000 homes
Fall in Love with eBill for a Chance to Win
This Valentine’s Day, fall in love with eBill, Dominion Energy’s paperless billing program. You’ll love the benefits that make eBill so convenient and easy to use.
We’ll show you some love, too. Enroll by February 28, and you’ll be entered for a chance to win one of two $150 gift cards!
With eBill, you’ll:
- Never forget to pay your bill. Get an email reminder when your bill is ready to view online, and also three days before payment is due.
- Have the option to receive text alerts. Sign up for eBill text alerts for an additional reminder.
- Choose the way you pay. It’s easy to pay. Choose between free, same-day payments from your bank account, scheduled payments, or automatic bank draft – just sign in to your online profile at DominionEnergy.com. The choice is yours.
- Have immediate access to your bill. eBill gives you 24/7 online access to view, pay or print your Dominion Energy bill from your desktop, smartphone or tablet.
Start enjoying the benefits of eBill and be entered for a chance to win. It's easy to enroll. You can sign up or enroll at participating bank's online bill payment site.
Current eBill customers, we love you too. If you are already enrolled, you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win.