Open House Event:
Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020
5-7 p.m. (Drop in at any time, there will be no formal presentation)
12810 Old Stage Road
Chester, VA 23836
The event will feature various information stations. There will be no formal presentations. However, our subject matter experts will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to drop by at your convenience between 5 -7 p.m.
- Requires no new right of way
- Updates existing infrastructure to meet current electrical needs and safety requirements
- Replaces approximately 3 miles of lattice structures with cleaner, less environmentally impactful monopoles
The portion of line proposed for rebuild is approximately 3 miles in length and runs parallel with other transmission lines within an existing corridor. Fiber and four transmission lines south of the Tyler Substation will also be replaced to current electrical and safety standards.
At Dominion Energy, we are committed to keeping our neighbors informed about energy needs where they live and work.As the project develops, we will:
- Continue outreach by communicating with legislators, homeowners associations and other identified stakeholders
- Host a local open house to answer questions from residents and area businesses
- Provide ongoing communications through informational materials, mailings, email updates and a project website
SCC Approval Process
The Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC) is responsible for verifying the need, determining the route and reviewing the environmental impact of certain transmission lines in Virginia.