At Dominion Energy, we value the privacy of every customer’s personal information. Certain states have specific requirements as to how we communicate information about your privacy preferences and rights. If you are resident of California, please read below. For all other customers, please visit dominionenergy.com/privacy.
California Residents Collection of Personal Information
Dominion Energy Inc. and its affiliates (“Dominion,” “we,” “us,” “our”) may collect the following categories of personal information:
|Categories||Some Examples Include:|
|A. Personal identifiers.||Information that could identify you, such as your name, address, contact information, IP address, username, email address, Social Security number, driver's license or passport number.|
|B. Personal information categories as defined by California law.||This category includes many of the above personal identifiers, as well as education information, employment information, insurance information, and certain types of financial or health information.|
|C. Characteristics of legally protected classes.||Race, sex, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition or disability, veteran or military status, and other demographic information.|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased or considered, and consuming tendencies such as energy usage information.|
|E. Biometric information.||Biological characteristics used to identify an individual, such as fingerprints.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Information regarding a consumer's interaction with our websites or mobile applications.|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location. For example, to provide information regarding power outages.|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio information, such as voicemails or recorded customer calls for quality assurance purposes.|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history.|
|J. Non-public education information.||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution, such as a transcript.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences or tendencies.|
We may use the personal information described above for one or more of the following purposes:
- Servicing Your Account such as:
- enrolling you as a customer and managing your account,
- determining your eligibility for particular products and services,
- providing access to your account electronically,
- verifying your identity and maintaining customer security,
- providing our products and services requested by you,
- providing vendor products and services as requested by you,
- billing your account and processing payment,
- carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections,
- providing customer service and enhancing your customer experience, and
- offering customer programs (for example, green power, weatherization, and energy assistance programs).
- Communicating with You such as:
- responding to your requests and questions,
- notifying you about updates or changes that may affect your energy services or access to our website or applications,
- sharing important information or alerts with you (for example, during a major storm),
- presenting our website to you,
- sending out newsletters to which you subscribe, and
- providing you with email notifications, event registrations, and other notices concerning our products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Operating Dominion’s Business such as:
- managing, maintaining, and developing plans for our electric and gas systems,
- supporting our business functions,
- developing plans for renewable energy and energy conservation programs,
- improving our products and services,
- undertaking internal testing, research, and analysis for technological and product development,
- maintaining utility and systems security and detecting and prosecuting security incidents,
- detecting and/or repairing system bugs,
- managing relationships with vendors,
- assessing candidates for employment, and
- evaluating or conducting a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Performing Marketing Activities such as:
- notifying you about products and services in which you may be interested,
- offering related products and services (for example, service line and house line warranties),
- administering sweepstakes or contests that you participate in,
- providing personalized ads and web content,
- conducting market research and customer surveys,
- creating customer prospect lists, and
- providing analytic services and/or enabling certain vendors to provide similar services on behalf of Dominion.
- Providing Third Party Services such as enabling vendors, on our behalf, to provide you or your household products or services you request or may be interested in (for example, home energy audits, assessing applicability of green power programs).
- Fulfilling Legal Duties such as:
- cooperating with governmental aggregators, regulatory authorities, and state tax collection authorities,
- responding to law enforcement requests,
- complying with an applicable law, court order, commission request, or request from other state or federal governmental agencies with legal authority to obtain such personal information, and
- assisting emergency responders in situations of immediate threat to life or property.
- As described to you when we collect your personal information or as otherwise set forth in any applicable laws or regulations.
To opt-out of the sale of your information, please visit: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act “Sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
For more information, please read Dominion Energy’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.