For years, Millstone Power Station has provided New England and Connecticut with low-cost, carbon-free, around-the-clock electricity. The station’s output powers 2 million homes.
In addition to inexpensive, clean and reliable electricity, the operation of Millstone produces more than 1.5 billion dollars in annual economic benefits to Connecticut, and supports almost 4,000 jobs.
Proven Powerful - Studies and Analysis
- Jan. 24, 2017 - Sue Tierney - CT General Assembly - Committee on Energy & Technology: Supporting Connecticut's Clean and Efficient Electricity Goals (pdf)
- Jan. 24, 2017 - Analyst Group: Analysis Group Experts Author Report on Impact of Electricity Provider on Clean Power in New England
- Between 2016 and 2030, Millstone’s operations will generate over $12 billion in economic output in Connecticut. (NEI) (pdf)
- Millstone Power Station generates total tax revenue of almost $40 million per year for state and local governments in Connecticut. (Chmura) (pdf)
- Millstone is one of the 75 largest employers in Connecticut. (Chmura) (pdf)
- The annual additional economic output Millstone generates for Connecticut includes $873 million from station operations and $402 million from lower electricity prices. (NEI) (pdf)