Brunswick County Power Station
Powers 340,000 homes
- Net generating capacity is 1,358 megawatts.
- Began service in April, 2016.
- Fueled by natural gas.
- Combined-cycle technology uses 3 combustion turbines that generate 280 megawatts each.
- The super heated air from the combustion turbines is used to generate steam that produces another 470 megawatts on a steam turbine.
- The completed station employs 43 people.
- The station is expected to pay Brunswick County more than $4 million a year in property taxes.
- In the first full year of operation, we expect fuel savings of about $96 million. Fuel savings will continue over time.
- An additional $1 billion in customer savings is expected over the life of the station, compared with the next-best option for supplying power.