Bremo Power Station
Fluvanna County, VA
Powers 57,000 homes
- Net Generating Capacity is 227-megawatts.
- Primary fuel is natural gas - converted from coal in June of 2014. >> View a video.
- The station’s first two coal units went into service in 1931 and were retired in 1972.
- The two units that have been converted to natural gas - Units 3 and 4, – were built in 1950 and 1958, respectively.
- Conversion took 10 months to complete at the cost of $53.4 million.
- It was converted as part of the air permit for another Dominion Energy power station, Virginia City Hybrid Energy Center.