A Stronger Virginia
We know that access to reliable, stable, competitively priced energy is just as important to residential customers as it is to businesses in Virginia. We’re making improvements in the grid that will continue to build on these strengths.
- Implementing new construction techniques to harden the grid to better prevent and more quickly recover from power outages.
- Continuing to place more of the most outage-prone neighborhood lines underground.
- Making investments so that critical infrastructure and facilities (e.g. hospitals, nursing homes, etc.) are more resilient.
- Secure digital networks that are ready for new and emerging technologies.
- Invest in enhanced standards for physical protection of critical infrastructure and cybersecurity to improve network security throughout the grid.
- Researching ways we can help expand high speed internet access in rural areas and further contribute to economic development.